Events and Features
• A video of Yuan presenting various therapeutic teas to her Eastern Nutrition class has been featured in Pacific College's blog, "Essence & Qi."
• A review of Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen has appeared in Maya Currents, the blog of Maya Whole Health, in Renton, WA. In the article, Janet Muniz calls the book "more than a cookbook."
• Check out our blog in the Huffington Post, "Some Like It Hot, Others Do Not." (Or go to our previous Huffington posts, "Bringing in the Chinese New Year with Festive Holiday Rice and Beans," "7 Herbal Remedies You Already Have in Your Kitchen," or "5 Healthy Eating Tips from Traditional Chinese Medicine.")
• The San Diego Book & Writing Awards has selected Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen as Best Cookbook! Run by the nonprofit San Diego Book Awards Association, the awards honor the best published books and unpublished manuscripts by San Diego County residents each year.
• Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen has has been awarded a silver medal in the Living Now Book Awards. According to the contest organizers, the Jenkins Group of Traverse City, Michigan, the Living Now Book Awards "celebrate the innovation and creativity of newly published books that enhance the quality of our lives." The book was recognized in the ethnic cooking category.
• Yuan, Warren, and Mika have published an article, "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves Springtime Soup," in the April issue of the e-zine Yang Sheng.
• A recipe from the Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen blog—"The Color Purple Yam Dessert"—has won the Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook contest. It is now featured in a published collection that "celebrates the best food bloggers worldwide."
• Don't miss the new Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen video on how to cook Soothing Shrimp with Asparagus and Goji Berries. The authors had a lot of fun making it!
• A podcast of Warren's and conversation with Charlie Dyer on KNEWS with Charlie Dyer, 94.3 FM in Palm Springs is available online. Also, check out Warren's interview with Stu Levitan on Books and Beats of Madison, Wisconsin's WXXM radio, discussion with David Naimon on Health Watch of Portland, Oregon's KBOO radio, conversation with Dr. Alvin Augustus Jones on North Carolina's Paradise Network radio, and dialogue with Carl Lanore on Superhuman Radio (#521).
Past Events and Features
• A full page article in the Energy Times showcased the book and one of its recipes. More comments and reviews of the book have appeared in Publisher's Weekly, Library Journal, Health and Fitness Magazine, American Way Magazine, ForeWord Reviews, January Magazine, and other publications.
• Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen was featured in an article on the environmental site TheDailyGreen. Blogs about the book have appeared in Mamazina, Kahakaikitchen, Bookviews, San Diego Magazine's "Local Bounty," and Meatless Monday, among other sites. The book also received attention in Los Angeles Magazine's LAmag.com "Reading List," Salt Lake City's Deseret News, and Canada's Suite 101.
• Warren was a guest on Martha Stewart Living Radio's "Whole Living" with Terri Trespici.
• Borders in San Diego's Mission Valley held a book signing with the authors of Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen on April 18, 2010. Thanks to everyone who attended and made the event a big success!
• Warren was interviewed for a number of radio programs in mid-April, including The Faith Middleton Show, on Connecticut Public Radio (WNPR). Mika and Warren also spoke about Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen on Wisconsin Public Radio's "Here on Earth."
• Warren received much kudos for his appearance on Marin County's KWMR Radio "Pleasures in Taste."
• You can now become a fan of Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen on Facebook. See the book's Facebook page and help spread the word!
• Mika posted a "new and improved" website at www.mikaono.com.
• Yuan has posted a website at http://www.acusourcesandiego.com.
• North County Times published an article by Mika, "Going for the goji: Unusual berry boasts antioxidants, vitamins galore."
Stay in Touch
To receive notices of book-related events and recipes, sign up for email updates or an RSS feed with the Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen blog.